Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2018-12-05 DRAFT

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 5 December 2018 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Cruse (Chairperson), Cllr Moore, Cllr Bell, Cllr Grubb, Cllr Sales, Cllr Daniel and Cllr Loader.

In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk).
2 members of the public.

462/1 Apologies
None

462/2 Public participation
The public participation session is not considered part of the meeting and, as such, is not minuted.

462/3 Approval of the minutes of meeting held 7 November 2018.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

462/4 Declaration of Interests
None.

462/5 Matters carried forward
5.1 Okehampton Parkway Halt/Railway station – Cllr Cruse has written to DCC. No reply to date.
5.2 Village Gateways – Report circulated by Cllr Moore. Gates have been delivered – we have received 4 gates rather than the 2 we had requested. Idea was for one at each end of the village. Councillors agreed for a pair at the eastern end of the village and one at the western end. Cllr Moore to contact Highways and Clerk to contact South Tawton PC as the pair of gates will be sited on land in their parish. ACTION: CLLR MOORE AND CLERK.
Signage of village name – signs have been damaged probably during hedge trimming. Cllr Moore has spoken to Highways, they agree they would need replacing. However, this may not include village logo. Cllr Moore has obtained quotes if we need to purchase. Await response from Highways and then consider whether funding is needed. Highways Community Enhancement Fund cannot be used as this is something which will cause them continued maintenance. To request support from South Tawton PC for a Community Fund application for signage ACTION: CLLR MOORE AND CLERK
Agreed to site gates and then affix signage at a later date. Cllr Moore has 3 volunteers. Additional volunteers are required.

462/6 Planning
6.1 0550/18 – Advance sign, land adjacent to playing field – consent granted to erect playing field sign.

Agreed to take agenda items out of order so that Part 2 discussions could take place at the end of the meeting.

462/7 Matters Arising
7.1 Eastern Links 15 November – Cllr Daniel advised meeting was cancelled.
7.2 Road signs for village gateways and speed awareness – see 5.2 above.
7.3 Protocol for handling allegations of planning breaches – Clerk circulated report and proposal for protocol. All in agreement.
7.4 Dog bin, Foundry Field – National Trust are likely to be able to fund a new bin but not until March. They will source a larger bin.

462/8 Chair’s Actions
Clerk’s appraisal carried out in November. Report under Part 2.
Complaint regarding DCC Yard. Complainant has contacted Parish Council and has been given contact details for DNPA Planning Authority, as the enforcing agency. Complainant has also contacted Okehampton Times. Ian Brooker, Ranger, is involved and has informed DNPA.
Blocked drains – 2 reports recently. Due to risk of flooding to one property, Emergency Plan Co-Ordinator contacted. Both blocked drains have also been reported to Highways. Awaiting Highways visit to clear drains. Emergency co-ordinator is called if risk of flooding. If drains are blocked, then it is reported to Highways. Attending member of the public advised that several drains are blocked at the eastern end of the village, which he has reported to Devon Highways. Clerk will also report online and contact Neighbourhood Highways Officer. ACTION: CLERK

Consider funding for lengthsman so we can stipulate when the drains are cleared. ACTION: CLLR BELL/CLERK

462/9 Dates to Note
5 December 2018 – DNPA Local Plan workshop – Cllr Sales attended. No real guidance on parishes responding to Consultation. Agreed each Councillor to take a section of the draft plan to read and consider whether a response is required. ACTION: ALL/CLERK
6 December – Okehampton Edwardian Evening – Cllr Cruse to attend.

462/10 Finance
PART 2 DISCUSSIONS – The Council went into Part 2 discussions.
The Council came out of Part 2 discussions.

10.1 Accounts and Budget figures were circulated prior to meeting. As at 5.11.18 – Lloyds Bank £9,516.67 Nat West account £102.41
10.2 Budget for 2019 – Councillors discussed in Part 2 discussions. c/f to January for final approval.
10.3 The following payments were approved, all, except payment to Lloyds Bank account – set up by Clerk, approved by Cllr Cruse:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (Dec) £168.88
Mrs L Rowlands Stationery £ 6.99
DALC New Councillor Training £ 60.00
Community Heartbeat Trust Defibrillator pads £ 81.00
Whitehouse Services Supplies for village day £212.22

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 9 January 2019 – 7.30pm

Meeting closed at 9pm


Comments are closed.