Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2018-02-06

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 February 2018 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Cruse (Chair), Cllr Moore, Cllr Loader, Cllr Bell and Cllr Daniel.

In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk).
Members of the public: Chris Darken.
Also attending: Cllrs Graham Hester and Ian Rowe, Drewsteignton Parish Council

454/1 Apologies
Cllr Tansley

454/2 Approval of the minutes of meeting held 17 January 2018.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

454/3 Declaration of Interests
None.

454/4 Matters carried forward
4.1 Pedestrians in road/no footway sign – Highways have confirmed that the signage will be installed at the eastern end of the village by the end of the current financial year.
4.2 Speed monitoring equipment/30 mph signs – Cllr Moore confirmed that permission has been obtained from Highways for mobile VAS sign which is to be shared with Drewsteignton Parish Council. There will be a joint TAP fund application by the 2 parish councils – the lead being taken by Drewsteignton PC. Highways will be visiting to assess safe sites for its position and how often it should be moved. 3 quotes have been obtained which vary in terms of price, quality, functions. Cllr Hester confirmed that Drewsteignton have sufficient financial reserves to cover any shortfall from the TAP funding. All in agreement to proceed with TAP application and to source the best quality option. Cllr Hestor confirmed that Drewsteignton PC will take the lead on the TAP application and complete the relevant forms.
With regard to 30mph signs through the village, Cllr Hester confirmed that Drewsteignton PC had been advised that this would not be considered by Highways and this was possibly due to the existence of street lighting through the village which indicates a speed limit of 30mph.
4.3 Village Gateway Sign – Cllr Moore advised that pre-manufactured signs were proving costly. Highways have confirmed that, so long as the sign collapses if it is struck by a vehicle, then it can be constructed from timber. Drewsteignton have costed timber at £200 for a pair of gates. Cllr Rowe will be able to make them but will need volunteers to assist with installation.
Cllr Moore proposed that fundraising is undertaken to enable the Parish Council to purchase 1 pair of gates at a cost of approximately £200,plus the cost of signage, fitting and any planning application. Seconded by Cllr Cruse.
Cllr Cruse further confirmed that the safari supper committee had agreed to donate £200 of profits from the Safari Supper to the Gateway fund.
4.4 Handrail on footbridge – Cllr Moore will continue to pursue the question of ownership/responsibility for the bridge.
4.5 Donations – £50 balance remaining. Cllr Loader suggested this is donated to South Tawton PC towards the air ambulance night landing site. However, Councillors were unclear what stage that project was at so were reluctant to make the donation this financial year. They would consider it again next financial year. Cllr Moore proposed that £50 was donated to the Quaker Burying Ground. Seconded by Cllr Bell.

454/5 Planning
No applications or notifications had been received since January’s meeting.

454/6 Finance
6.1 Clerk had circulated Accounts and Budget figures prior to meeting. Up to date figures for bank accounts – current account – £5,165.75, reserve account – £2,879.03.
6.2 The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (Feb) £178.68

454/7 Matters Arising
7.1 Emergency Plan – Cllr Bell had revised the plan and it was currently with Paul Grey for checking.
7.2 Grant Giving Policy – Reviewed, no amendments required.
7.3 Standing Orders – Reviewed, no amendments required.
7.4 ROSPA Inspection of play equipment – noted that this will take place in March.
7.5 Internal auditor – all agreed Clerk is to contact David Youle.
7.6 Footpaths – Following an inquiry from Sampford Courtenay Parish Council regarding the public footpath between their village and Sticklepath, Cllr Moore had prepared a report on the various footpaths within our parish. Clerk will add this as a page to the asset ownership and responsibilities document she has prepared.
7.7 Okehampton Councils Together – Cllr Moore had attended the last meeting. There is an event in May in the Charter Hall, to promote local awareness of parish and town councils. Each local parish council will have a table and Councillors will be available to answer any queries from electors. Cllr Cruse was in support of this event. Cllr Moore will confirm the date.
The Town Council are also responding to Great Western Railway’s franchise consultation document. Cllr Moore proposes that the parish council supports their submission.

454/8 Chair’s Actions
Invitation to Mayor’s Civic Dinner – Cllr Cruse unable to attend.
Leat clearing – a good turnout of volunteers. Cllr Cruse wished to extend thanks to Ben Shapcott at Finch Foundry for providing refreshments. The task is easier now it is being carried out on an annual basis.
Billy Green path – condition has deteriorated and Ian Brooker has recommended putting down scalpings. Cllr Bell will source supply and this will be added to the tasks for the Village Work Day on 18 February.

454/9 Dates to Note/Correspondence received
Lengthsman visit – 13/14 February
Sunday 18 February – Village work day

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 7 March 2018 – 7.30pm

Meeting finished at 8.25pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments are closed.