Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Latest News

Parish Council Meeting – 9 November 2016

Comments (0)


Wednesday 9th November 2016 at 7.30PM in STICKLEPATH VILLAGE HALL
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

NO.            ITEM
1.                APOLOGIES
2.               APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MEETINGS HELD 5 October and 12 October 2016
3.               DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

4.              REPRESENTATIONS FROM PARISH ORGANISATIONS
Sticklepath Stores

5.             ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING
5.1           Village Gateway signs – to c/f to January 2017 to review funding options
5.2          Community Garden – Ladywell area – proposal to proceed with planting plan and quote
5.3          Public Toilets – proposal to proceed with one of the 2 options in Cllr Cruse’s report
5.4          Playing Field Pavilion – to c/f to January 2017 for update on progress and funding

6.           Planning –
6.1 – 0373/16 – Grant of conditional planning permission – change of use, Tawburn House – to note
6.2 – 0460/16 – Grant of conditional planning permission – change of use from agricultural land to domestic curtilage, Bridge House – to note
6.3 – 0512/15 & 0585/16 – Revised scheme to include replacement roofing, raising stone wall and amended extension footprint – Former Methodist Chapel (now “Wesley House”) – to consider

7.           FINANCE
7.1         Balances and Budgetary figures will be tabled.
7.2        To approve the following payments:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (November)                               £146.90
DevonOak Ltd Pavilion                                                      £296.64
Cllr Murrell Travel expenses – 86miles x 45p                £ 38.70
WDBC Seating at Oak Tree Park                                          £ 1.00
DALC Attendance at AGM/Conference                           £ 20.00
Community Heartbeat Trust Defib phone plus VAT & postage                                                                                                             £408.00
E Kingdom Grass Cutting, Playing Field                       £300.00
C Guscott Edging kerbs, sub base – Pavilion                 £381.60

8.             MATTERS ARISING
8.1           DALC annual conference
a. To propose Parish Council writes to Secretary of State for Communities and Local Govt – Sajid Javid to express concerns over proposal to cap precepts
b. To note discussion at conference regarding devolution and concerns about taking on more responsibilities as a small council
8.2            Workload management:
a. To ratify appraisal of Clerk and confirm satisfactory completion of probationary period
b. Proposal by Chair to increase Clerk’s hours to 4 a week
c. Proposal to accept individual Councillor responsibilities
8.3           Dartmoor National Park – local plan consultation
a. Housing – Cllr Cruse
b. Environment, Minerals and Waste – Cllr Tansley
c. Communities and Services – Cllr Murrell/Cllr Bell
8.4            Bus stop – proposal to repair and increase insurance cover for “street furniture”
8.5            Donation Request – Royal British Legion wreath for Remembrance Day
8.6            Pensions Regulator – to confirm compliance
8.7             Leat Clearance Day 22 January 2017– to note event
8.8            Village Work Day – 19 February 2017 – to note event
8.9             Setting meeting dates for 2017 – to note as per Clerk’s report
9.             CHAIR’S ACTIONS
10.          CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED, MEETINGS TO BE ATTENDED, DATES TO NOTE
a. Devon County Council Highways – Town and Parish Conference – Noted but no Councillors able to attend.
b. Council Tax Referendum consultation – proposal to cap Town and Parish Council’s Band D to a 2% or £5 increase, whichever is the greater. Proposal to write to Secretary of State (as per 8.1.a above)
c. WDBC – notification of Council Tax Grant payable to Parish Councils– reduction of 8% per year for 3 years
d. DNPA Forum meeting 25.11.16 – Parishioner Peter Flick to attend and report back to Council – to note.
e. Devon Community Resilience Event – 9 November – to note Cllr Cruse and Paul Grey (Emergency Team Co-Ordinator) to attend.
f. WDBC – query regarding dog bin emptying – to note 3rd bin not charged for and so there will be an increase in spending for this.
g. DALC – request to lodge Emergency Plans with them – noted that Clerk had actioned this.
h. DNPA – Dartmoor Access Forum – request for new members – noted
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
7 DECEMBER 2016 at 7.30pm

Reports from Councillors for Meeting

cllr-murrell-report-spc-nov-16

cllr-murrell-dalc-conference-notes-v2

Clerk’s Action 9.11.16

alison-cruse-report-for-spc-nov-16

cllr-matthews-report-nov-16

 



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Back