Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2016-12-07

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 7 December 2016 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Moore (Chair), Cllr Loader, Cllr Murrell, Cllr Cruse.
In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk)
Members of the public – Carol Johns (St Mary’s Church), Mike Gilbert (Village Recorder)
440/1 Apologies
Cllr Matthews, Cllr Tansley, and Cllr Bell
440/2 Approval of the minutes held on 9 November 2016.
Cllr Murrell raised the point that the details of the DNP Local Plan consultation should be put on the village website to encourage residents to participate.  This had been omitted from the minutes and, as a result, not actioned.  Clerk confirmed she would action this.  ACTION: CLERK.  The minutes were signed.
440/3 Declaration of Interests
None
440/4 – Representations from parish organisations – St Mary’s Church
Carol Johns gave a report on the history of the site of the Church and the Church. She set out their plans for fundraising during 2017 as there is a shortfall of £1,000 – £1,200 against running costs. Without additional donations from the Parish the Church may be forced to close. Mrs John’s report can be read on the Sticklepath Village Website – Sticklepath.org.Report St Mary’s Church Dec 2016
Cllr Moore advised that he would pass on information to the Heritage Group, as they would be concerned about the possibility of losing this established religious building, even more so now that it is the only consecrated building in the village. There are plans to increase information boards in the Church, and directions to the building, for example, within the revised Sticklepath Walks leaflet. Other Councillors put forward suggestions for fundraising events – e.g. musical events which would be enhanced by the Church’s good acoustics. The Friends of St Mary’s will be relaunched in the New Year.
Cllr Moore to read Lesson at Candlelit Carol Service on Sunday 11th December, as Chair of Council
440/5 Actions from last meeting
5.1 – DNPA – Local Plan Consultation:
Cllr Murrell suggested that the responses from Parish Council must be firm, measured and neutral. All reports had been circulated to Councillors and posted on the website.
a. Environment, Minerals, Waste and Energy – Councillors present were happy with report to be sent to DNP.
b. Communities and Services – Councillors present were happy with report to be sent to DNP.
c. Strategy and Planning – Cllrs present were happy with report to be sent to DNP.
d. Towns, villages and development sites – Cllr Moore and Loader to discuss further.
e. Economic, business and leisure – Cllrs present were happy with report to be sent to DNP.
f. Housing – Cllrs present were happy with report to be sent to DNP. ACTION: CLERK FOR ALL POINTS
440/6 Planning
No planning applications or notifications had been received.

440/7 Finance
a. Balances and budgetary figures were tabled. Page 498
b. The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary 1 month (December) £146.90
440/8 Matters arising
8.1 – Dog bins – proposed by Cllr Cruse and seconded by Cllr Loader that dog bins on Finch Foundry and adjacent to Surgery Cottage are emptied weekly during the summer months. ACTION: CLERK
8.2 – Sticklepath 2025 – Health Issues
a. noted that a response had been sent by the Parish Council re consultation for closure of beds at Okehampton Hospital. Parish Council has been encouraging parishioners to respond personally to the campaign.
b. GP Surgery in Sticklepath – This was a suggestion in 1 response and other responses to Sticklepath 2025 raised concerns about local healthcare provision and transport to Exeter for health services. Parish Council is collecting evidence through the above campaign which will help to assess the local need. The Council encourages as many people as possible to personally respond to any consultations or campaigns regarding healthcare.
8.3 – Devon Community Resilience Forum – Cllr Bell will take over review of Emergency Plan with Paul Grey in January 2017. Contact details for WI, Pheonix and St John’s Ambulance to be added. Other contacts need to be updated. To liaise with South Tawton Parish regarding details of useful contacts. Also to remove out of date Sticklepath details from South Tawton’s website – to be discussed with South Tawton Clerk. ACTION: CLLR BELL AND CLERK
Sandbags – discussion regarding continued use of sand in view of the fact we have hydrosnakes/sacks. All agreed to not purchase more sand or sandbags and continue with hydrosnakes and hydrosacks.
440/9 – Chair’s actions
Noted the following actions taken by the Chair since the last meeting:
– Welcome to new Residents Letter completed
– Sticklepath Walks Leaflet revision; request made to Heritage Committee
– Meeting with Mike Gilbert, agreeing to take on pilot role of Village Recorder – Cllr Murrell queried whether this position was in relation to Parish Council or Heritage Group. If for Parish Council, then we will need a Volunteer Policy, role description. Cllr Moore advised that he is awaiting response from DALC advising on how to deal with this on behalf of the Council. Await response from DALC, assess/develop role and b/f to New Year.
– Invitation accepted to Reception in Okehampton, for their Edwardian Late Night Shopping
– Worked with Heritage Group on the Seasonal Social 16th December, and on fundraising targets for archive storage and display boards for the Village Hall
440/10 – Correspondence received
Noted the following correspondence had been received:

a. Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan – newsletters and consultation information
b. WDBC – information regarding theft/damage to car parking machines in the District
c. WDBC – information regarding Greater Dartmoor LEAF funding programme – circulated to Councillors
d. West Devon Community and Voluntary Services – invitation to AGM 7 December (clashes with PC mtg)
e. DCC Flood Risk Management – request for details of flooding 21 Nov – circulated to appropriate Cllrs
f. Woodland Carbon Fund and Woodland Creation event – invitation to attend event on 14 Dec. Noted
PART 2

The Council went into Part 2. Members of the public left the meeting.
The Council discussed the budget as prepared by the Clerk and Cllr Cruse.
The Council came out of Part 2.
Date of next meeting: 11 January 2017 at 7.30pm Meeting finished at 22.00


Comments are closed.