Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2016-10-05

STICKLEPATH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 5 October 2016 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.
Present:
Cllr Moore (Chair), Cllr Loader, Cllr Murrell, Cllr Tansley, Cllr Matthews, Cllr Cruse
In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk)
Members of the general public – Mr Darken, Mr Bubear, Mr and Mrs Massey, Mrs Reason
438/1 Apologies
Cllr Bell
438/2 Approval of the minutes held on 7 September 2016
The minutes had been amended to reflect the fact that Sticklepath Heritage Group had made an application to the Dartmoor National Park Community Fund. The minutes were then approved and signed as a correct record.
438/3 Declaration of Interests
None
438/4
Representations from parish organisations – Sticklepath Heritage Group
Mr Charlie Massey presented a report on the progress of the group so far and future action which is planned. A copy of his report has been uploaded onto the Heritage Group area of the Sticklepath Village website.
Following Mr Massey’s presentation, Cllr Cruse and Mrs Reason asked about the fire retardant cabinet for which an application is being made to DNP Community Fund – its cost and size. Mr Massey confirmed the details.
Mr Massey confirmed that the group hopes to schedule another general meeting in the near future.
438/5 Actions from last meeting
1. Village Gateway Sign – Cllr Matthews had received a quote for a reflective sign £310 plus VAT. All agreed the quote was reasonable. Once the Heritage Group have decided on a village “logo” then she will put in an application to the Dartmoor Community Fund for a grant. She is arranging to meet Daryl Jagger from Highways. ACTION: CLLR MATTHEWS c/f November
2. Planting of Ladywell area – Cllr Matthews advised work has started. She has been helped considerably by Mike and Libby Watson, Duncan Rice and Richard and Caroline Long. She expressed her thanks to them all, especially to Richard and Caroline who have been keeping the site tidy and mowing the grass. ACTION: CLLR MATTHEWS c/f November
3. Sticklepath 2025 – Community Garden – Cllr Murrell reported that some responses to Sticklepath 2025 had mentioned “brightening up the village, tidying the neglected area at the east of the village and a community garden”. The Ladywell project is addressing the wish for the village to be “brighter” and is also the first step towards a community garden. If people are willing to come forward to help with this area then it shows there are enough volunteers to justify looking for a larger area. Cllr Matthews confirmed she would put a plea for volunteers in The Beacon. Councillors discussed other areas where flowers could be planted – around the “Gateway” signs and at the front of the village hall – window boxes, small troughs. Cllr Murrell will discuss this with the Village Hall committee. c/f January 2017 ACTION: CLLR MURRELL
Cllr Cruse proposed that the next Sticklepath 2025 item to be discussed in November is public toilets. c/f November
4. Playing field pavilion – Cllr Bell had provided a report to the Council, which was read out by Cllr Moore. Cllr Bell wondered if any of the defibrillator funding could be diverted to the pavilion. Cllr Cruse advised she was unwilling to do this – a lot of donations had come from parishioners specifically for the defibrillator. Cllr Cruse suggested bringing the matter forward to November’s meeting, by which time all the defibrillator expenses would be known. All agreed. c/f November

Clerk to alter accounts spreadsheet to show anticipated cost of projects so fundraising against cost can be gauged. ACTION: CLERK
5. Big Lottery Grant Application – Cllr Bell’s report was read out by the Clerk. No further action at this stage.
6. Defibrillator – Cllr Cruse confirmed the defibrillator had been ordered. The telephone kiosk is officially owned by the Parish Council. Cllr Moore proposed that the Council accepts the quote of an additional £7.10 premium to cover the phone box until the renewal date. This was seconded by Cllr Cruse. Clerk to contact insurers to arrange cover. Insurers had confirmed that they would not charge this until renewal premium is due. ACTION: CLERK, c/f November
7. Welcome letter to new residents – Cllr Moore proposed to set this out more like a leaflet, so it is less formal – all in agreement. All Councillors to notify Cllr Moore of new residents in the village so he can deliver


Comments are closed.