Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2016-06-15

STICKLEPATH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 15 June 2016 at 7.00 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:

Cllr Derek Moore (Chair), Cllr Emma Bell, Cllr Tania Murrell, Cllr Pam Matthews, Cllr Mark Tansley, Cllr Val Loader

In attendance:

Lois Rowlands (Clerk)

Members of the general public – Mr Chris Darken

434/1 Apologies

Cllr Cruse.

434/2 Actions from last meeting

Grass Cutting – in early May 2016, the Parish Council received notification from WDBC that it had withdrawn from the DCC verge cutting contract and that responsibility for verge cutting had reverted to DCC.  The Parish had received a good service from WDBC with 4 “urban” cuts being carried out a year.  Any cuts needed in-between were carried out by the Parish’s contractor.  Due to there being a failure to carry out the necessary cut for the Spring, and the verges being unacceptably long, contact was made with DCC.  They now advise that they will only be carrying out cuts for visibility and pedestrian access.  It falls on Parishes to arrange to cut the rest of the verges and that funding would be available.  It was unclear what funding was available.  The visibility cut has been carried out this week by DCC.

Resolved – to contact our contractor to arrange a cut as soon as possible in view of up-coming Open Gardens.  Also a cut on Billy Green.  ACTION: CLLR BELL

Resolved – to write to DCC expressing annoyance that we had not been informed of the change to the extent of the cutting.  Clarify what is being offered and dates.  Also enquire about funding availability and aspects of liability.  Further investigation will need to be carried out regarding any increase in insurance premium.  ACTION: CLLR MOORE

Councillors were also made aware of a complaint by a parishioner concerning roadside hedging at the Eastern end of the village which is now encroaching over the highway.  This has been directed to DCC Highways as this is their responsibility.

434/3 Finance

Councillor Bell produced the following quotes in relation to the Playing Field Pavilion:

Devonoak                    Timber Frame                             £17,160

Craig Guscott              Groundworks                             £  5,350

Andrew Clark             Roof                                              £  5,040

Cllr Bell proposed that these quotes were accepted.  Seconded by Cllr Matthews.  Clerk to send cheque for payment of deposit for Devonoak.  Invoice for staddle stones to be b/f to July meeting.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Wednesday 20 July 2016 at 7.30pm, Sticklepath Village Hall

Meeting closed: 7.50pm


Comments are closed.