Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2016-02-03

STICKLEPATH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 3 February 2016 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:

Cllr Pam Matthews, Cllr Alison Cruse, Cllr Emma Bell, Cllr Val Loader, Cllr Tania Murrell, Cllr Derek Moore,

In attendance:

Lois Rowlands (Clerk)

Members of the general public – Mr Darken, Mr Derek Webber – Dartmoor National Park Representative/Member (Guest)

430/0 Apologies

None

430/1 Approval of the minutes held on 25 November 2015 and 6 January 2016

Minutes were approved and signed as a correct record.

430/2 Declaration of Interests

None

430/3 Representations from the Public/Guests

Mr Webber introduced himself and his role at Dartmoor National Park.  He is also Clerk to Okehampton Hamlets Parish Council.  He advised that the question of the joint TAP fund application for a defibrillator has been brought forward to be discussed at Okehampton Hamlets’ next meeting.

430/4 Actions from last meeting

  1. Property development/Parish Plan – Cllr Matthews reported on her research into Neighbourhood and Parish plans. The Parish Plan would seem to be more appropriate for our parish.  Derek Webber reported on the progress on this subject in Okehampton Hamlets.  They have had a parish plan for some time and are now proceeding with a Neighbourhood Plan with Okehampton Town Council.  Cllr Matthews will invite Jo Burgess, the DNP Representative who deals with Parish Plans, to our next meeting.  ACTION: CLLR MATTHEWS
  2. Defibrillator – Cllr Cruse reported she is awaiting the outcome of Sampford Courtenay Parish Council’s meeting last week when they were considering the TAP fund application for a defibrillator. It was agreed to bring this forward to next month’s meeting.  b/f March
  3. Asset Register – this has been updated by Cllr Bell and she went through the assets which need attention. There is a Playing Field equipment safety inspection in March.  A damaged area of the stone wall will be rebuilt.  With regard to insuring the stone wall, Cllr Bell has requested a quote from a local stonemason.  It was resolved that this would be kept on file but the insurance would not be increased to cover any rebuild cost as the wall is in a reasonable condition.
  4. Transparency Code – Cllr Murrell reported we had been successful in our bid for the full amount of £650. Cllr Bell will now arrange for Mr Stallion to provide an itemised quote for training.  ACTION: CLLR BELL
  5. Snow Warden/Emergency Plan – there are no details of the Snow Warden and his team in the Emergency Plan. Cllr Bell has spoken to Paul Grey who confirmed that the Emergency Plan team is also the Snow Warden team.  Mike Johns has responsibility for grit.  Paul Grey is co-ordinator.  The Plan is to be amended on the front page to state it covers snow and flood.  Cllr Bell has had a quote for A5 colour flyers to be dropped into each property in the Parish, on the notice board and the website.  These will give details of the Emergency Plan team. Cllr Bell to provide Clerk with updated list of Emergency Team to go on notice board for the time being.  ACTION: CLLR BELL.  Paul Grey’s contact details to be sent to Devon CC for their records.  ACTION: CLERK.  Paul Grey to check sand and sand bag stocks.  ACTION: CLLR BELL.      Cllr Murrell reported on her research into funding for Flood Resilience.  Discussion took place regarding the specific equipment which would be useful to our parish.  Councillors would rather the grant was spent on equipment and not clothing.  Cllr Murrell will check with Phil Davies if we are members of the Devon Resilience Network.  She will also discuss equipment with Paul Grey.  ACTION: CLLR MURRELL
  6. Heritage Group – Cllr Moore reported that 27 people had attended last night’s meeting with more who were unable to attend. Next meeting will be on 1 March.   Cllr Bell to arrange another page on the village website for the group.  b/f March.
  7. Road Markings – Clerk reported no response from Highways to 2 e-mails and 1 phone message. She will keep chasing.  b/f March.
  8. Village Work Day – Cllr Cruse reported 21 villagers attended and plenty of clearing took place on Billy Green, Finch Foundry Field and the area around Ladywell to the old school. Clerk will circulate photos.  The Council would like to express its thanks to all those who attended, Cllr Matthews for the refreshments and STOCs for equipment and use of their shed.

430/5 Planning – Proposed tree works, Drake’s Acre

No objections

430/6 Matters arising

  1. Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations – Beacon lighting 21 April and street parties Sunday 12 June. Discussion about whether a street party is held in August with the village day.  Cllr Cruse proposed the Union Jack is raised at the flag pole on both dates.  However, it needs a new lanyard.  It was resolved to raise the flag and to purchase a new lanyard.  Clerk to contact South Tawton Parish Clerk to ask if they are planning to light the beacon on Cosdon.  Cllr Bell will put an article on the website to ask what parishioners would like.  She will provide Clerk with a copy to go in The Beacon.  ACTION: CLERK AND CLLR BELL
  2. Councillor vacancy – to be discussed in Part 2 business.

430/7 Finance

  1. Balances and budgetary figures were tabled. Clerk confirmed £250 from Bert Stead’s estate was in the accounts to be spent on village archive.  Also, £250 from Safari Supper for Ladywell project.
  2. The following payments were approved:

Mrs L Rowlands            Salary 1 months                                    £100.00

Mrs L Rowlands            Envelopes and stamps                         £    7.73

Mrs P Matthews            Refreshments village work day          £  16.94

3.  Clerk confirmed precept request had been submitted.

4.  Tenders: This year’s tenders were decided upon:

  • The cutting of the verges at the Okehampton end of village (around Ladywell on both sides of the road and into Skaigh Lane) when instructed. To be priced per cut.
  • The cutting of the Playing Field, a maximum of 12 cuts spread between April and Sept, subject to conditions and left tidy. To include strimming around play equipment as required. To be priced per cut.
  • The cutting of grass in the area known as Billy Green, when instructed. To be priced per cut.
  • Weed spraying as set out in previous quote from Mr Sanderson.
  • The monthly cleaning of two bus shelters.

ACTION: CLERK

5.  Audit – Clerk confirmed David Youle has agreed to be internal auditor for the Parish.

430/8 Correspondence received

Clerk read out 2 letters from Okehampton District Community Transport and Citizens Advice Bureau thanking the Council for their recent donations. Conditional planning consent was noted for 0582/15 11 Oak Tree Park, single storey rear extension.

Annual West Devon Mayoral Awards.  Councillors were in agreement as to the proposed recipients of this award.  Clerk is to forward relevant e-mails to Cllr Moore to process.  ACTION CLLR MOORE AND CLERK

Council went into Part 2 business.

Council came out of Part 2 business.

Date of next meeting :  2 March 2016 at 7.30pm

Meeting ended at 22.00

 


Comments are closed.