Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2016-05-04 AGM

STICKLEPATH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council held on 4 May 2016 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:

Cllr Pam Matthews, Cllr Alison Cruse, Cllr Emma Bell, Cllr Val Loader, Cllr Tania Murrell, Cllr Derek Moore,

In attendance:

Lois Rowlands (Clerk)

Mr Derek Moore (DNP Representative), Cllr James McInnes (Devon County Council)

Members of the general public – Mr Darken

432/1 Apologies

None.

432/2 Election of Chair

Cllr Matthews stood down as Chair.  Cllr Cruse thanked her for all her hard work this year.

Cllr Cruse proposed Cllr Moore for Chair.

Cllr Bell seconded proposal.

It was unanimously agreed that Cllr Moore be elected Chair.  Cllr Moore asked whether he could attend a Chair’s course and this was agreed by all present.  ACTION: CLERK

432/3 Declaration of acceptance

Cllr Moore read and signed the declaration of acceptance of office.

432/4 Election of Vice Chair

Cllr Bell proposed Cllr Cruse for Vice Chair.

Cllr Matthews seconded proposal.

It was unanimously agreed that Cllr Cruse be elected Vice Chair.

432/5 Declaration of Interests

None.

432/6 Approval of Minutes dated 6 April 2016

Minutes were approved and signed as a correct record.

432/7 Matters Arising

7.1 – Sticklepath 20125

The questionnaire has been prepared by Cllr Murrell and is starting to be distributed.  A copy will go on the website – Cllr Bell will ask Mr Stallion to put it on as a form which can be completed online.  Discussion took place as to whether it should be distributed to every household and it was agreed to consider it at next month’s meeting.  Copies to be left in the village hall, pubs, shop and in The Beacon with some blurb to say download from website or obtain a copy from Clerk.  Also, put with the newsletter and the decision was unanimous to bring the print date of the Newsletter forward to June.  Posters to be put up around the village.  ACTION:  CLLR BELL (poster), CLLR MURRELL (blurb) AND CLERK (agenda June, Beacon)

Next stage – look at what responses we have and whether these indicate a Neighbourhood Plan, Parish Plan or other plan is most appropriate.  Cllr Murrell advised that if a formal plan is to be put into place then there would need to be a more rigorous consultation.

Mr Webber informed the Council that Okehampton Hamlets Parish Council were currently undergoing a Neighbourhood Plan process.  They did a drop of questionnaires to all houses in the hamlets and Okehampton Town and estimate that only 15% will be returned.

432/8 Finance

  • Balances and budgetary figures were tabled.
  • It was resolved to accept the annual accounts for 2015/2016 and these were signed by the Chair and Clerk. Some of the items on the asset register need to be reviewed at July’s meeting.  ACTION: CLERK
  • The following payments were approved:

Mrs L Rowlands         Salary 1 months (May)                           £  130.90

DALC                            Annual membership                               £    97.88

DALC                              Clerk’s training                                      £    62.00

Cllr Bell                             Printing                                                 £    80.25

B&Q                               Hydrosnakes/sacks                               £1960.00

AB Web Design           Website Training                                    £    60.00

Came and CO              Annual Insurance                                   £  289.45

WDBC                             Dog bin emptying                                 £    33.54

432/9 Correspondence received

Discussion took place regarding an online area where the Clerk can post e-mails and draft minutes etc.  Clerk to investigate “Drop-box” and will report back to the next meeting.  ACTION: CLERK

Date of next meeting:  8 June 2016 at 7.30pm

Meeting ended at 20.50

 


Comments are closed.