Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2017-04-05

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 5 April 2017 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:

Cllr Moore (Chair), Cllr Loader, Cllr Matthews and Cllr Tansley.

In attendance:

Lois Rowlands (Clerk)

Members of the public:  Mr Brian McMahon, Mr Chris Darken

444/1 Apologies

Cllrs Bell and Cruse

444/2 Approval of the minutes held on 8 March 2017.

Cllr Moore proposed that the minutes were approved as an accurate record.  Seconded by Cllr Matthews.  Minutes signed by Chair.

444/3 Declaration of Interests

None

444/4 Actions carried forward

4.1 –  Meeting between Cllrs Moore and Cruse with Ben Shapcott from Finch Foundry on 24 March 2017.  Cllr Moore confirmed the following items had been discussed which were of common concern to both parties:

a.  Garden waste dumped on Finch Foundry field – Discussion about creation of community composting scheme on the site.  However, concerns that in other communities this facility has been abused.  Consider setting this up with National Trust – an interested party from the village to work with National Trust.  Sticklepath Parish Council to consider approaching any potentially interested parishioners.  Cllr Moore to write to National Trust General Manager.  ACTION:  CLLR MOORE

b.  Car Parking – although National Trust had highlighted this in their Conservation Management Report on Finch Foundry, they confirmed that they are unwilling to carry out any extensive work until the future management of Mill Meadow can be established.  They will fill potholes in the meantime.  No further action will take place on this point until 2018.

c.  River bridge behind Finch Foundry – Request by parishioner at last month’s meeting for a handrail to be erected at the side of the steps.  As the bridge was erected with DCC Highways funding under the Tarka Trail Scheme, it was agreed Finch Foundry and Parish Council to write jointly to DCC with this request.  ACTION:  CLLR MOORE

d.  Public toilets – Finch Foundry are considering the development of their toilet facilities.  Discussion took place regarding siting of porta-loos on Mill Meadow and the sharing of costs to keep them open all year, not just during the Foundry’s open season.  Cllr Moore will include this in his letter to NT General Manager.  ACTION: CLLR MOORE

444/5 Planning

5.1 – 0502/16 – White House Services, Sticklepath – Application refused.  Cllr Moore had spoken to applicant’s planning consultant who advised they have 6 months to appeal the decision but did not disclose whether they would do this.

5.2 – 17/0015 Tree Works at Hayes, Sticklepath –  Noted that no Tree Preservation Order created.

5.3 – 0158/17 The Coach House, Back Lane – Application for erection of extension to porch.  Mr McMahon attended the meeting and explained that they require extra living space in the downstairs of their property to provide adequate sized dining area.  This is the only side of the property where an extension is possible.  They have already built a porch on that side – the extension will be to the porch and will match the style of that porch.  Unanimous decision to support the application as it improves the owners’ living accommodation and has no impact on neighbouring properties.  ACTION: CLERK

444/6 Finance  

6.1        The following payments were approved:

Mrs L Rowlands      Salary 1 month (April)                           £146.90

Playsafety Ltd      ROSPA inspection play equipment        £100.80

DALC                     Membership Fee                                        £  98.82

Aardvark Civil Engineering   Block Pavers                          £729.00

Clerk to update Councillors on the current balance of Pavilion funds.  ACTION: CLERK

Play equipment repairs for agenda in May

444/7 Matters Arising

7.1        Councillor Vacancy – Still open.  c/f May and raise at APM on 3 May.

7.2        Annual Parish Meeting – Invitees discussed and Clerk to send appropriate invitations.  ACTION: CLERK

Matters on which parishioners’ views to be sought – bus shelter (fund-raise for a new one), community garden and compost site, Gateway signs, village logo, weed killer.  Cllr Tansley to investigate and report on effects of weed killer currently used, alternatives to consider.  Clerk to seek quotes if appropriate.  ACTION: CLLR TANSLEY AND CLERK

Article in Beacon to advertise APM.  ACTION: CLERK

444/8 – Chair’s actions

Chair’s report circulated prior to meeting and is available on website: www.sticklepath.org.

444/9 –  Correspondence received/Dates to note

Clerk read out those items of correspondence on the agenda.  She will inform Emergency Team co-ordinator of Devon Community Resilience meeting in June.  ACTION: CLERK

Date of next meeting: 

Annual Parish Meeting – Wednesday 3 May 2017 at 7.00pm

Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 17 May 2017 at 7.30pm

 

Meeting finished at 8.27pm


Comments are closed.