Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2017-12-06

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 December 2017 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:

Cllr Cruse (Chair), Cllr Moore, Cllr Loader and Cllr Bell.

In attendance:

Lois Rowlands (Clerk).

Members of the public:  Yvonne Reason, Chris Darken and Peter Grubb.

452/1    Apologies

Cllrs Tansley and Daniel.

452/2    Approval of the minutes held on 1 November 2017.

The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

452/3    Declaration of Interests

None.

452/4    Matters carried forward

4.1        Speeding vehicles/warning signs – Clerk advised she is still waiting for final decision from Highways on whether they will install Pedestrian/Footway sign.  ACTION: CLERK to chase in January

4.2        TAP Funding – Speed monitoring equipment – Cllr Moore has met with Councillors from Drewsteignton Parish Council who are keen to pursue a joint TAP application for Vehicle Activated Signs.  They are proceeding to obtain 3 quotes and once the price/supplier is decided on, a TAP application will be made at the Eastern Links meeting in March 2018.

Cllr Cruse asked whether other parishes would join in the application.  Cllr Moore explained that other parishes, such as Sampford Courtenay, already has VAS signs.  Also, the main road past South Tawton has a 40mph speed limit, as opposed to 30mph in Sticklepath and Whiddon Down. VAS equipment can have variable speed settings but they are more expensive.

The signs would be moved every 6-8 weeks to a new position.  This will coincide with the batteries needing changing.  We will need volunteers to do this.

Discussion took place on how the equipment would be mounted.  Agreed to seek Highways advice.  ACTION: CLERK

4.3        Village Gateway Sign – Clerk confirmed she had contacted DNPA who have advised that pre-application advice would need to be sought to establish whether a planning application would need to be made.  This pre-application is free of charge to Parish Councils.  Clerk to investigate cost of planning application if it needs to be made.  ACTION: CLERK

Cllr Moore agreed to continue to deal with the Gateways alongside the speed monitoring equipment.  Cllr Cruse proposed Cllr Moore continued to pursue both matters.  Seconded by Cllr Loader.

Clerk to contact Darryl Jagger for a site visit by someone from Highways who can advise on the practicalities of the Gateway signs and speed monitoring equipment.  ACTION: CLERK

4.4        Footpaths – Clerk confirmed that Highways have confirmed that repairs to the path at the Eastern end of the village will be dealt with in the next financial year.

452/5    Planning

5.1        Cleave House, Sticklepath – Peter Grubb confirmed he is in the process of buying Cleave House.  He will shortly be submitting a Listed Building Consent application to replace the roof which is leaking and then to carry out various aspects of remedial work inside the house.  He gave details of all the work he intends to do.

5.2        0542/17 – 15 Oak Tree Park – Clerk confirmed she had written to neighbouring households to inform them the Parish Council had no objection to the application.  Only one response received and this was in favour.  Observation sheet sent to DNPA showing no objection.

5.3        0461/17 – Work at Staplers – Noted Listed Building Consent granted.

5.4        17/0074 – Tree works at 1 Brookside Cottage –  Councillors had no objections to the work.

452/6    Finance

6.1        Clerk had circulated Accounts and Budget figures prior to meeting.  Up to date figures for bank accounts – current account – £6,743.39, reserve account – £2,878.79.

PART 2 DISCUSSIONS

The Council went into Part 2 to discuss Clerk’s appraisal.

The Council came out of Part 2 discussions.

6.2        Budget – Councillors went through budget which had been prepared by Chair and Clerk.  No budget needed for verge cutting as sufficient funds remaining from Community Enhancement Funding to cover next year’s cuts.  Mr Darken pointed out that if we purchase speed monitoring equipment and Gateway signs then these need to be insured.  Agreed to add £100 to insurance premium budget.  Following Clerk’s appraisal, Clerk’s salary to be increased.  Small maintenance – all agreed maintenance of playing field equipment is to be spent from budget unless it is for something exceptional, in which case playing field funds will be used.  Budget figures will result in a precept of £4,848.

Cllr Cruse proposed the budget was accepted.  Seconded by Cllr Moore.

6.3        The following payments were approved:

Mrs L Rowlands            Salary (Dec)                                         £146.90

Mrs L Rowlands            Printer Ink                                           £  29.00

WDBC             Annual Charge Oak Tree Park seat                 £    1.00

WDBC             Dog bin emptying 1.10.16 to 30.9.17               £192.66

Eddie Kingdom  Mowing playing field/verges                         £138.00

Alison Cruse     Hydrosacks and hydrosnakes (B&Q)             £307.32

Pam Matthews  Bulbs and dibbers – Ladywell                        £  32.98

452/7    Matters Arising

7.1        Eastern Links meeting – Cllr Moore reported on this meeting.

7.2        Stagecoach bus service consultation – All agreed that Parish Council should write a letter asking for the proposals to be reconsidered.  In particular, two services to Okehampton in the morning will cease.  Cllr Cruse to send response to Stagecoach.  ACTION: CLLR CRUSE

7.3        Grey Mare Festival – Cllr Moore reported this had been very successful and the event is planned for next year.  Cllr Cruse wished to thank Cllr Moore and the rest of the Heritage Group and Fireshow for all their hard work.

7.4        Donations – Cllrs to consider possible recipients of grants which will be decided at next month’s meeting.

452/8    Chair’s Actions

Cllr Cruse asked Councillors to acknowledge receipt of emails which require attention by Councillors.

452/9    Dates to Note/Correspondence received

7 December – Invitation to Edwardian Evening – regret no-one able to attend.

11 December – Superlink Meeting – Cllr Cruse hoping to attend

 

Date of next meeting:    Wednesday 17 January 2018 – 7.30pm

 

Meeting finished at 8.55pm


Comments are closed.