Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2014-02-04

Present: Alison Cruse (Acting Chair), Malcolm Brewer, Val Barns, Emma Bell, Celia Pitts, Philip Davies

In Attendance: Rachel Bertram (Clerk), Dora Cowland

407/1 APOLOGIES: Michael Allen (Chairman),

407/2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:

None

407/3 MINUTES OF 8th January 2014Agreed and signed.

  • Actions: MB has repaired the noticeboard, thanks to him for this.
  • Village work day Sun 9th March, advertised in The Beacon and on the website this month. Council agreed to the purchase of paint and paintbrushes for painting the White Rock. Action AC

407/4 FINANCE:

Balances:
Current Account: £ 2331.25
Deposit Account: £9015.56
Petty Cash: £59.03

Statement approved and signed.

Payments:
Rachel Bertram salary (Jan) £100

Deposits:
Playing Field Quiz £346
Bert Stead Fund £250

407/5 ASSET REGISTER:

Cllr Brewer continues to carry out monthly asset checks. No new issues arising.

407/6 TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE PLAYING FIELD COMMITTEE:

AC has produced a draft copy. This was discussed and approved, with minor alterations. Cllr Cruse is to forward a revised copy when completed. ACTION AC

407/7 EMERGENCY PLAN:

PD presented the final draft of the South Tawton and Sticklepath Parish Emergency Self-Help Plan and a first draft of the Sticklepath Parish Emergency Plan to the council. When approved, this document should be reviewed annually. PD is currently working on the village flood plan and recently met with Kate Taylor from the Environment Agency to assess possible flood risks within the village. Cllr Davies is trying to ascertain responsibility for the leat as the water level of this is deemed the most serious potential flood hazard for properties within the village. PD is waiting from a reply from The National Trust regarding ownership. EB volunteered to assist with completing the flood plan. To be discussed in more detail at a future meeting. ACTION PD & EB

407/8 PLANNING APPLICATION – STICKLEPATH STORES:

The application was discussed and agreed to support. Small concern as to whether the proposed toilet facilities are adequate. Clerk to reply. ACTION CLERK

408/1 LISTED BUILDING CONSENT – BRACON COTTAGE:

The application was discussed and agreed to support. Clerk to reply. ACTION CLERK

408/2 DNPA AFFORDABLE HOUSING CONSULTATION:

A copy of the consultation has been received for comments. Cllr Barns has researched this and it was felt unanimously that Sticklepath has no immediate need for affordable housing as this was addressed with the recent development at Holmes Field.

408/3 PROPOSED DOG CONTROL ORDERS:

Cllr Brewer has looked into this. Several areas were highlighted within the village where this may be worth considering, and it was agreed to discuss this further in October when the new orders come into force.

408/4 CORRESPONDENCE:

  • The clerk has resigned from the post, giving two months notice. The position is to be advertised on the noticeboard, in The Beacon and on the website.
  • Cllr Pitts expressed her wish to resign from the Council in May. Clerk to advertise.
  • Bert Stead’s estate. The clerk has received a letter from Douglas Barnes (executor of the estate) containing a cheque for £250 towards a village archive, with a request that if this money is not spent within five years of receipt it will be donated to the Burial Ground. There is an expectation that other beneficiaries will donate further funds. AC to discuss with Mike Eastman, Chair of the Village Hall. Clerk to bank and keep a record of all monies received.
  • Planning Application – replacement garage at Staplers. Discussed and agreed in principle as application was previously approved in 2008.
  • The clerk has received notice that the previously discussed Grove Meadow planning application has been approved.
  • Several thank you letters have been received following the PC’s annual donations.
  • Healthwatch magazine was distributed.
  • WDBC Mayoral Awards. It was decided to nominate STOCS on behalf of the village in recognition of their hard work. Cllr Pitts to proceed.

Date of next meeting: Tuesday March 4th at 7.30pm

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9pm


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *