Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2014-05-14

Present: Cllr Mick Allen, Cllr Alison Cruse, Cllr Phillip Davies, Cllr Pam Matthews, Cllr Val Barns,

In attendance: Sam Hood (Clerk), Val Loader

413/6 APOLOGIES Cllr M. Brewer

413/7 ELECTION OF CHAIR

Cllr Pam Matthews proposed Cllr Alison Cruse for position of Chair. This was seconded by Cllr Val Barns and approved unanimously by the Council.

Cllr Cruse thanked the outgoing Chair Mick Allen for all his work with the council and for the community

413/8CHAIR TO READ AND SIGN DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE

Cllr Cruse read the declaration of acceptance witnessed by Cllr Pam Matthews

413/9ELECTION OF VICE CHAIR

The Chair proposed Cllr Pam Matthews This was seconded by Cllr Val Barns and approved unanimously by the Council

413/10APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES HELD ON 02/04/14

Agreed and signed

414/1DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
None

414/2 ACTION FROM LAST MEETING AND MATTERS ARISING NOT COVERED ELSEWHERE

411/10 Tenders

(a)Clerk confirmed letter had been sent to Mr Brownless accepting his tender

(b) Clerk confirmed a tender request had been sent to Mr Sanderson but with no response. The Chair agreed to contact Mr Sanderson ACTION THE CHAIR

(c) The Clerk confirmed that tender request had been sent to two interested parties and would be considered under agenda item 13.3

412/1 Bank authorisation. The clerk confirmed that she had been sent the relevant paperwork to alter signatories on bank account and this would be considered under agenda item 13.5. The clerk confirmed she had contacted Lesley Smith( DALC) who confirmed it was best practice for clerk to be signatories to enable account management but for councillors to be responsible for cheque signatures. It was agreed to explore internet view only banking when clerk in a position to liaise with bank.

412/2 Audit It was confirmed that the internal audit had been completed.

412/3 Asset Register To be considered under agenda item 8.1

412/5 Emergency Flood Plan. The plan is an evolving document. Cllr Davies has circulated an updated plan. Cllr Davies reiterated what was discussed at the Annual Parish Meeting. The NT will undertake a structural survey and recognise their responsibilities towards the maintenance of the Leat. The Council discussed ownership of the Leat generally with plans. Cllr Davies confirmed there was a commitment to an autumn meeting and structural survey in the next 6 weeks. Agenda item for July ACTION THE CLERK

412/6 Beating the Bounds The Chair and Cllr Barns confirmed they had walked the route. They confirmed that some areas need cutting. Refreshments are to be provided by White House Services and as confirmed at the Annual Meeting, Ben Shapcott (NT). All landowners had confirmed permission. Scaffold is required to build bridge

412/7 Annual Parish Meeting Clerk confirmed poster and agenda completed.

413/3 Website Clerk to continue to provide website with minutes and agenda for future meetings.

414/3 COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP
a)    Resignation

Cllr Mick Allen tendered his registration from the Council with immediate effect. He wished the present council well for the future and hoped that if his circumstances changed he would be able to return. Vacancy to be advertised ACTION CLERK

b)    Co option

Val Loader asked to be considered for the current vacant position on the Council.

Val Loader left the meeting while discussion took place. Cllr Alison Cruse proposed. This was seconded by Cllr Val Barns and approved unanimously by the Council.

Val Loader returned to the meeting and was invited to take up the role of Councillor with immediate effect. Cllr Cruse welcomed her onto the Parish Council

414/4 MEETINGS ATTENDED BY COUNCILLORS/CLERK

a)    Playing Field Committee update

The Chair gave the following report- Creative play was asked to return and the corners of the Trim Trail identified in safety report as being a risk were shaved to the specification of the report. The carousal will be kept under review. The goal posts will remain under review. A bolt was replaced on the basket swing and Emma will contact company to see if equipment remains under warranty. The junior swings were checked by Cllr Brewer and were assessed last year by Creative play who suggested they had a further 2 year life expectancy. They will remain under review. Toddler swings to remain under review Emma will be contacting Mant Leisure to check cost on a replacement seat. The Pavilion project is ongoing. The Council viewed proposed plans. The Chair confirmed that there will be room for the football pitch.

Costs for the Pavillion

  • £14,000 – oak frame
  • £5,000 – roof
  • £1,500 – ground works

 

Cllr Barns asked whether pre planning discussion had been held with Dartmoor National Park (DNP). The Chair agreed to confirm. ACTION THE CHAIR

Cllr Cruse raised concerns as to the capability of the Playing Field Committee to be able to pay for the project without the benefit of the funds from the VAT refund. Cllr Barns suggested staged payments with the contractors. It was resolved to discuss at future meetings.

Village Day was planned for the 2nd August. Flower Show 16th August.

Concerns have been raised at the loss of personal expenses some Playing Field committee members incurred after the cancellation of last year’s events due to poor weather conditions. There has been a request that organiser would still be able to recoup personal expenses from the Playing Field Fund in cases of cancellation. It was agreed that this was reasonable.

414/5 ASSET REGISTER

Cllr Brewer not present at meeting. For inclusion at next meeting.

414/6 MATTERS ARISING

The Chair raised the issue of HGV access through the village following concerns being raised by a member of the Parish who had noticed cracks appearing in his wall. He was concerned that this may be due to HGV access in the village. The council were unsure whether there had been an increase in HGV’s recently. It was highlighted that some HGV drivers may use a local lay by to rest in. It was acknowledged that access through village is not restricted and is also a relief road. The Chair suggested that further information as to frequency and type of vehicles using village road would be useful. A survey was suggested. The chair to explore this option and for further discussion at next month’s meeting ACTION CHAIR

414/7 PLANNING

There was no planning to consider

414/8 FINANCE

a)    Balance and budgetary figures were tabled. Accounts for 213/14 and current 2014/15. It was raised that the current excel format is not user friendly and it was agreed that clerk would devise an alternative format for council discussion next month ACTION CLERK

b)    To approve following payments

DALC membership         £94.78

Mrs S Hood salary           £100.00

Dartmoor National Park Pavilion planning permission       £192.50

There was only 1 signatory available at meeting. The Chair retained cheque book to have above cheques counter signed by Cllr Malcolm Brewer on his return and will forward to clerk once completed ACTION CHAIR

The Chair raised concerns that payment from a joint Tap funding project with Sampford Courtenay did not appear to have been made in to the account. The project was for leaflets. Cllr Barns confirmed that it had been discussed at the Eastern Links Meeting in the autumn. Agreed the need to ascertain whether payment had been made. ACTION CLERK

c)    Tenders

The council discussed the two tenders for bus shelter cleaning before the council. The discussion raised the issue of the potential long term impact of both tenders on the council. Quality control of successful tender was suggested. The council proposed to accept the tender from Mrs T Padfield. The council expressed its support for Nya and a suggestion was made that donation might be an appropriate gesture. The council was unsure whether it could make donations to individual. Clerk to make enquiry. Clerk to contact Mrs Padfield to confirm the acceptance of her tender. ACTION CLERK

d)    Cheque signatories.

As discussed at item 414/2

e)    Bank authorisation

Cllr Matthews signed relevant form and retained personal identification form which she will complete and have assessed by bank and return to clerk ACTION CLLR MATTHEWS

There was no 2nd signatory to confirm changes. The Chair to obtain signature from Cllr Malcolm Brewer and forward to clerk ACTION THE CHAIR

f)     Audit

It was resolved to authorise the audit as prepared by Clerk and internally audited by Mr D Youle.

414/8 CORRESPONDANCE

  • Training 2104 WDBC
  • Email regarding potholes – Highway aware.

414/9 MATTERS RAISED BY COUNCILLORS/CLERK APPROPRAITE TO THE PARISH NOT PREVIOUSLY COVERED AT THE MEETING

a)    Cllr Davies raised concerns about standing water in Willey Lane outside The Orchard as a possible result of runoff from the playing field and collapse of road. Clerk to send letter to highways drawing their attention to the issue. ACTION CLERK

b)    Cllr Barns noted that Cllr Allen had been the link for Sticklepath and Belstone school charity. Cllr Matthews agreed to take on this role.

414/10 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

3rd June 2014 – 7.30PM

The meeting concluded at 11.10pm.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *