Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2013-07-03

Present: Michael Allen (Chair), Val Barns, Malcolm Brewer, Emma Bell, Celia Pitts In Attendance: Rachel Bertram (Clerk),

390/1 APOLOGIES: Alison Cruse

390/2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

 390/3 MINUTES OF 5th June 2013 – Agreed and signed.

* Actions: TAP funding; VB to follow up when due. MA to liase with S.Tawton chairman.

* Parish Flood Plan-ongoing

* Dartmoor Sustainable Development Fund – ongoing

* Draft DNPA Plan discussed below

390/4 FINANCE

Balances: Current Account: £ 601.24

Deposit Account: £8422.94

Petty Cash: £57.35

Statement approved and signed.

Payments: Rachel Bertram salary (Apr-June) £300

390/5 COUNCILLOR VACANCY:

Nobody has come forward to date. Councillors to promote.

390/6 VILLAGE NEWSLETTER:

The clerk had received two items for inclusion. Councillors were asked to provide contributions on the following:

* Website

* Village day

* What’s On

* Playing Field

* Weather report

ACTION ALL & CLERK

390/7 DNPA MANAGEMENT PLAN:

Cllr Barnes reported her findings having studied the DNPA document. She identified sections titled ‘Prosperous Dartmoor’ and ‘Community Focus’ as most relevant to this village and suggested the following points for inclusion as the PC’s response:

1. The Parish Council supports the Plan’s key areas for action, particularly the recognition that what is good for Dartmoor includes non-traditional businesses and village communities.

2. The Council welcomes development that allows a wide range of people to live within the park, but believes the plan should acknowledge that present planning policies are not sufficiently flexible to allow the mix of development that communities want, given that there may be a higher than average proportion of older and retired people.

3. Both of the above require good infrastructure and support for community facilities and activities. Health and other community facilities at present available to small National Park communities may come under pressure as a result of new housing and population growth in towns such as Okehampton (outside the National Park). The Council welcomes the recognition that community resilience needs to be strengthened and would like to see firm commitments to provide necessary resources.

4. In the light of the current concerns about flood risk, the Parish Council supports action which improves water holding capacity of the high moor, thus slowing release of water into rivers and reducing possible spate events.

Cllr Allen raised two points; the possibility of a change to planning procedures allowing for new building within the parish, and possible infrastructure issues for the future as Okehampton grows, resulting in a possible knock on effect for the village.

The response needs to be returned by this Friday. ACTION CLERK

391/1 ASSET REGISTER:

Cllr Brewer continues to carry out monthly asset checks. Large swing frame to be varnished this month.

391/2 PARKING ON PAVEMENTS:

Issues with parking on the pavement in Oaktree Park – causing problems with wheelchair users/pushchairs/pedestrians having to walk on the road, and outside the village shop – making it difficult and dangerous to turn on to the main road. Cllr Allen to write a piece on this for inclusion in the newsletter. ACTION MA

391/3 PLANNING APPLICATION – 8 OAKTREE PARK:

The application was discussed and agreed, with the suggestion that part of the front garden be converted to further off road parking as parking is already an issue in this area. Clerk to reply. ACTION CLERK

391/4 DCC BUDGET FOR VOLUNTEER TRAINING:

AC not present, item carried over to next meeting.

391/5 UNSIGHTLY PROPERTIES:

The owner of the property at the east end of the village has in the past contacted the PC with regard to the land being used for affordable housing. This was not pursued at the time due to the costs involved. The issue was discussed and it was decided that the owner be invited to the next meeting in order to discuss the council’s concerns. ACTION MA

390/13 DROP KERB AT OAKTREE PARK:

AC had received a request for drop kerbs at the entrance to Oaktree Park in order to improve wheelchair access. It had been noted that official white markings had appeared recently on these kerbs. Clerk to investigate. ACTION CLERK

391/1 CORRESPONDENCE:

* Request from Jubilee Sailing Trust for a grant application. It was decided not to support this as funds are already restricted and this is not a local charity. ACTION CLERK

* DALC Community Land Trusts Workshop – none to attend

* DALC Health update distributed

* Parish Briefing received regarding High Speed Broadband, to be displayed.

* Road closure info, to be displayed

* A letter had been received from Alan Wright, Chairman of the South Tawton Wind Turbine Action Group, for info.

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 13th August

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30pm


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *