Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2013-08-13

Present: Michael Allen (Chairman), Alison Cruse, Val Barns, Malcolm Brewer, Emma Bell

In Attendance: Rachel Bertram (Clerk),

393/1 APOLOGIES: Celia Pitts

393/2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

393/3  MINUTES OF 3rd July 2013 – Agreed and signed.

  • Actions: – Unsightly properties. MA spoke to the home owners who felt there was no issue of rat infestation in the property concerned. The owners stated their intentions to build new properties on the land in the near future.

393/4 FINANCE

Balances:
Current Account: £8970.64
Deposit Account: £8424.30
Petty Cash: £57.35

Statement approved and signed.

Payments:
Shane Brownless Grass Cutting £130
Rachel Bertram salary (July) £100
Creative Play £8000
Community First Village Day Insurance £44.10
Tracey Padfield £50

393/5 COUNCILLOR VACANCY:

Nobody has come forward to date. Councillors to promote. MA has a possible candidate!

ACTION ALL & CLERK

393/6 ASSET REGISTER:

Cllr Brewer continues to carry out monthly asset checks. No problems were reported and MB has re-varnished the swing frame. The pedestrian gate to the playing field is not closing efficiently despite several springs being attached. MB to investigate an alternative.

ACTION MB

393/7 PLANNING APPLICATION: Long Meadow, Sticklepath:

The application was discussed and agreed upon. Clerk to reply.

ACTION CLERK

393/8  DCC BUDGET FOR VOLUNTEER TRAINING:

AC has been in contact with Cllr James McInnes who is himself looking into this funding. AC will report back when she receives further info.

393/9  BUS SHELTER CLEANING:

It was felt that cleaning may need to be maintained on a voluntary rota from April 2014, in order to release pressure on the precept in future years. To be discussed later in the year.

394/1 STICKLEPATH FLOOD PLAN:

MA has formulated a draft plan for councillors’ approval and comments. He circulated this and asked for Councillors views to be discussed at the next meeting. WDBC are holding a Flood and Emergency planning forum on Mon 16th Sept. To be discussed at the next meeting.

394/2  PROPOSAL FOR TAP FUND BID:

AC proposed to apply for funding for the Sticklepath Village Walks Leaflet in conjunction with Samford Courteney PC, all agreed. It was agreed to apply for funding for weed killing as last year, VB to pursue.

Action VB

394/3 CORRESPONDENCE:

A parishioner has mentioned the poor condition of the bottom section of the Tarka Trail. AC to pursue with Ros Davies, DCC Footpaths Manager.

Action AC

Healthwatch magazine was distributed.

A parishioner has raised concerns about the condition of some of the lower branches of the oak tree. Clerk to follow up.

Action Clerk

For info :

West Devon Flood + Emergency planning forum – to be discussed at next meeting.

DALC AGM Sat 12th Oct 12-4.

Highway Matters Conference Tiverton Sat 14th Sept 10-4

Date of next meeting: Wednesday September 11th at 7.30pm

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35pm


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *