Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes 2013-09-11

Present: Michael Allen (Chairman), Alison Cruse, Val Barns, Malcolm Brewer, Emma Bell, Celia Pitts

In Attendance: Rachel Bertram (Clerk),

395/1 APOLOGIES: None

395/2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None

395/3  MINUTES OF 13th August 2013 – Agreed and signed.

  • Actions: – 393/5 Councillor vacancy – ongoing
  • 393/6 – MB continues to try to source a suitable spring for the playing field gate.
  • 393/7 – Planning application, Clerk responded.
  • 394/2 – see 395/6 below
  • 394/3 – AC followed up on the complaint regarding the poor condition of the bottom section of the Tarka Trail. Responsibility lies with the Highways Dept to maintain the track and it is currently on their list due to be surveyed. MA to follow up with S.Tawton PC as the track crosses both parishes.
  • RB has spoken with Brian Beasley at DNP regarding the overhanging branches of the oak tree and is to meet there with him tomorrow to see what can be done.

395/4 FINANCE

Balances:
Current Account: £ 8826.64
Deposit Account: £
Petty Cash: £57.35

Statement approved and signed.

Payments:
Shane Brownless Grass Cutting £180
Rachel Bertram salary (Aug) £100

Receipts:
Precept £1589

395/5 COUNCILLOR VACANCY:

A parishioner has expressed an interest in the vacancy and EB was asked to extend an invitation to him to attend next month’s meeting.

395/6 SPEEDING:

WPC Nadine Wilson has recently carried out speed monitoring in the village. Her findings showed a maximum speed of 34 mph from Okehampton, and 36 mph going towards Okehampton. DCC are shortly to be providing a ‘black box’ to site within the village which will record speeds covertly.

395/7 WEEDKILLING:

No TAP funding has currently been allocated to fund weedkilling within the village as the LINKS meeting is yet to go ahead. VB will keep the Council updated.

396/1 FISHLADDER:

For info. MB has received a letter from a parishioner regarding pools created by the siting of the fishladder. He has concerns regarding the safety of children using these pools.

396/2 ASSET REGISTER:

Cllr Brewer continues to carry out monthly asset checks. No new problems were reported. MB is still looking to replace the gate spring which is currently not allowing the gate to close effectively.

396/3 STICKLEPATH FLOOD PLAN:

EB passed on a copy of the previously produced  Draft Emergency Plan to MA for possible inclusion within the Flood Plan. MA will review this and the comments of Councillors on his proposed flood plan and report back next month.

394/3 CORRESPONDENCE:

  • Both recent planning permissions have been approved by WDBC.
  • DALC Conference Sat 12th Oct. VB to attend.
  • West Devon Homes AGM 19th Sept Thurs – none to attend
  • Flood and Emergency Planning Forum Mon Sept 16th
  • Council tax reduction – await results of consultation
  • Electoral review of WD –await results of review
  • SWW Waterfront – future of services brochure passed on
  • DNPA DMD document passed on to VB and a copy filed.

Date of next meeting: Wednesday October 2nd at 7.30pm

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30pm

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *