Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2018-10-03

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 3 October 2018 at 7.40 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.
Present:
Cllr Cruse (Chairperson), Cllr Bell, Cllr Grubb, Cllr Sales and Cllr Loader.
In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk).
4 members of the public.

460/1    Apologies
Cllr Moore who was attending a Moor Than Meets The Eye meeting as a representative of the Council. Cllr Daniel.

460/2    Public participation
The public participation session is not considered part of the meeting and, as such, is not minuted.

460/3    Approval of the minutes of meeting held 12 September 2018.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

460/4    Declaration of Interests
Cllr Loader declared a non-pecuniary interest in both matters under Planning.

460/5    Matters carried forward
5.1 Village Gateways – These are in the process of being manufactured. No installation date yet.
5.2 Playing Field sign – Cllr Grubb confirmed planning application is lodged with DNPA. He will update Councillors as and when he hears from the planning department.
5.3 Abandoned/Derelict Property “Moorland View” – Clerk had circulated report prior to meeting. Awaiting response from DNPA planning. Environmental Health at WDBC are now dealing with the issue. Occupants of house opposite report seeing rats coming from the property. Clerk to chase for responses prior to Council meeting in December. ACTION: CLERK
5.4 Eastern Links meeting 13 September – minutes show that funds are still available from the Communities Together Fund (formerly TAP). Local groups can now apply for funds – eg Village Hall. Councillors to advise groups who they may feel would benefit from funding.
5.5 Village Newsletter – all outstanding reports to Cllr Cruse by 12th October to enable newsletter to be prepared by Cllr Bell, printed and distributed at the end of October.
5.6 Verge Management – Clerk is awaiting response from South Tawton PC who will be discussing 15 October.
5.7 Parking Oak Tree Park/Willey Lane – Cllr Cruse confirmed she had delivered leaflets to all houses in Oak Tree Park except the cul-de-sac (because there had been no reports of parking issues), one house where the owner does not own a car and one house where the occupant refused to accept the leaflet. She had received 2 responses to the leaflet and Councillors would consider the Council’s response in Part 2 discussions at the end of this meeting.

460/6    Planning
6.1 0490/18 Heather Cottage – application supported as proposed alterations to window will have minimal visual impact.
6.2 18/0059 – proposed tree works 5 Steddaford Court – no objection.

460/7    Finance
7.1 Clerk had circulated Accounts and Budget figures prior to meeting. As at 27.9.18 – Lloyds Bank £9,770.55 Nat West account approx. 11pence.
7.2 Banking Arrangements – Councillors signed letter to close Nat West account.
7.3 Information Commissioner’s Office – direct debit signed for Data Protection Fee £35 per annum.
7.4 The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (Oct) £168.88

460/8   Matters Arising
8.1 DNPA Local Plan Review – Cllr Grubb advised that the draft local plan will be out in December 2018 for a 3-month consultation period. Councillors will review the draft, in particular, the comments regarding parking provision in the village and consider response to consultation.
8.2 Village Work Day – date set with Ian Brooker, Park Ranger, for 17 February 2019 from 10am to 12noon. Ian Brooker to co-ordinate work on Sticklepath Moor and Cllr Cruse to co-ordinate village tasks. This will include clearing vegetation along footpath between Skaigh Lane and old school and the bench area will be cleared.
8.3 Leat Clearance – Cllr Cruse confirmed this has been set with the National Trust for 20 January 2019 from 10am to 12 noon. She read out a report from Finch Foundry Manager, Ben Shapcott, a copy of which is attached to these minutes on the village website –  FINCH FOUNDRY REPORT Oct 2018
8.4 Okehampton Parkway Railway Halt/Station – At present there are plans to reinstate the service between Okehampton and Exeter. However, DCC has insufficient funds to build a new station on the Eastern edge of town. Councillors agreed for a letter to be sent from the Parish Council, urging DCC to secure funding so that the station is constructed as soon as possible. ACTION: CLLR CRUSE
8.5 Data Protection Act/GDPR – Resolved to adopt the Data Retention Policy and Privacy Notice for Public.

460/9    Chair’s Actions
Defibrillator – Cllr Cruse has spoken to South Tawton PC VETS co-ordinator who will be looking to secure funding to enable training to be delivered before the end of the financial year. It is hoped this can be combined training with Belstone and Sticklepath

Cllr Cruse has delivered welcome letters to new residents in 1 properties.

Village shop – The shop will be closing on 17 October. The Council wished to express thanks to Dave and Jo Towle for working so hard to keep the shop open. Their efforts are appreciated. The Council also wished to express thanks to Paul and Sue Jones who were also instrumental in helping to keep the shop open.

West Devon Mayor’s Civic Service – 16 September – Cllr Cruse has declined the invitation.

Pedestrians in road signs – these have now been erected but without the “No Footway for ** yards” – ACTION: CLERK

460/10    Dates to Note/Correspondence received
Eastern Links – 15 November – Cllrs Moore and Daniel to attend

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 7 November 2018 – 7.30pm

Councillors then went into Part 2 to discuss response to comments about parking in Oak Tree Park.
Councillors came out of Part 2.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm


Comments are closed.