Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2018-05-09 – DRAFT – AGM

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 9 May 2018 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Cruse (Chair), Cllr Bell, Cllr Loader, Cllr Daniel.

In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk)

Cllr Derek Webber – DNPA Representative

457/1 Apologies
Cllr Moore.

457/2 Election of Chair
Cllr Cruse confirmed that she would be willing to continue as Chairperson for the next year. Proposed Cllr Bell, seconded Cllr Loader.

457/3 Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Cllr Cruse read and signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

457/4 Election of Vice-Chair
Cllr Moore had confirmed, prior to the meeting, that he would stand as Vice Chairperson again. Proposed by Cllr Cruse, Seconded by Cllr Loader.

457/5 Declaration of Interests
None.

457/6 Approval of the minutes held on 4 April 2018.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by the Chairperson. Clerk wished to note her thanks to Cllr Moore for taking the minutes in her absence.

457/7 Matters carried forward
7.1 – Vehicle Activated Signs – Cllr Cruse confirmed that Drewsteignton PC have the TAP funding for the signs. They will be dealing with purchasing and insurance.
7.2 – Village Gateways – these are being made by Drewsteignton PC who are also dealing the pre-application planning advice. They should be installed within the next 2-3 months.
7.3 – Emergency Plan – Cllr Bell confirmed that the handover to the new Emergency Team Co-Ordinator is due to take place. Clerk confirmed he is being booked on the Devon Community Resilience Forum meeting in June. Cllr Cruse asked if the grit bin by Ladywell could be refilled as it is empty. Clerk will check supplies in bin at the end of the Tarka Trail. ACTION: CLERK
7.4 – Billy Green wild flower planting – Cllr Daniel confirmed she had sowed some woodland/shade loving seeds. She will liaise with National Trust regarding planting seeds on former fireshow ground.
Verges – These are looking untidy but wild flowers are still growing. Clerk to obtain confirmation from StOC co-ordinator as to whether they can be cut prior to Open Gardens.
7.5 – Lengthsman – Cllr Bell confirmed the debris left after clearing the gullies in Willey Lane will be cleared by a local contractor as there had been no action from Highways.

457/8 – Planning
8.1 0094/18 – Cleave House, Sticklepath – noted listed building consent granted for various work.
8.2 0192/18 – 18 Oak Tree Park, Sticklepath – rear single storey extension and dormer window. No objection.

457/9 Finance
9.1 Clerk would circulate accounts and budget figures prior to the meeting in June.
9.2 Annual Accounts – These were approved by the Council – Proposed by Cllr Cruse, Seconded by Cllr Loader.
9.3 Audit paperwork – the following were approved and signed:
(i) Certificate of Exemption
(ii) Annual Governance Statement
(iii) Accounting Statement
9.4 Public rights to inspect accounts – Clerk advised period runs 4 June to 13 July 2018.
9.5 Future banking arrangements – Clerk advised that, ideally, Cllrs Moore and Daniel should be added as signatories to the bank account. Also, WDBC will no longer be accepting cheque payments and payment must be online only. The Council’s current bankers, Nat West, do not operate a multi-signatory online banking service which does not comply with the Council’s Standing Orders. Councillors were in agreement that Clerk should make enquiries of other banks with a view to obtaining an account with online banking with multi-signatory set up and the ability to make cash deposits. Also, insurance cover to be checked for cyber insurance. ACTION: CLERK
9.6 The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (May) £162.79
Mrs L Rowlands Travel to GDPR training £ 21.60
Mrs L Rowlands Postage stamps and notebook £ 7.86
WDBC Bin emptying Oct 17 to March 18 £ 69.42
Emma Bell Soccer Store – goal posts £750.00
DALC Membership fees £100.92
DALC GDPR training £ 48.00

Cllr Cruse had requested payment for refills of gloves and a facemask for the defibrillator. However, no invoice has been received yet so she would not claim at this time.

457/10 Matters arising
10.1 Playing field – approval given to purchase 2 new 5 a side goal posts at a cost of £750.
10.2 Councillor  Vacancies– Councillors will continue to look for suitable candidates. Clerk to advertise on website again. Local Councils Together coffee morning on 19 May might attract interested parishioners.

10.3 Insurance renewal – Clerk had obtained 4 quotes for insurance which renews on 1 June 2018. Councillors in agreement that Clerk should accept quote provided by Inspire by AXA at a cost of £451.38 per annum for a fixed price 3-year term. ACTION: CLERK
Councillors discussed insurance for Open Gardens. The event would need to be held under the auspices of the Parish Council. It is now too late to consider this in time for this years’ event – Clerk to find out cost of adding this to PC insurance and for discussion early next year. ACTION: CLERK
10.4 General Data Protection Regulations – Clerk gave brief overview of the regulations and the impact on the Parish Council. She is preparing paperwork to forward to Councillors and will provide more further details in due course. ACTION: CLERK

10.5 Defibrillator – Cllr Cruse proposed that approval was given for replacement consumables to be ordered as soon as they have run out, rather than waiting until the next meeting. Seconded Cllr Daniel.
Cllr Cruse will be arranging another training session during the summer. The cost is £150 and there are sufficient funds in the defibrillator budget to cover this.

457/11 – Correspondence received/Dates to note
19 May 2018 – Coffee morning promoting local democracy. Charter Hall, Okehampton 10am to 12.30pm.
May 2019 – Parish Council elections – noted.

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 6 June 2018 – 7.30pm

Meeting finished at 8.50pm


Comments are closed.