Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2018-03-07

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 7 March 2018 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Cruse (Chair), Cllr Moore, Cllr Loader, Cllr Bell and Cllr Daniel.
In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk).
Members of the public: Chris Darken, Mrs Yvonne Reason
Also attending: Mr Derek Webber, DNP Representative

455/1 Apologies
Cllr Tansley

455/2 Approval of the minutes of meeting held 6 February 2018.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

455/3 Declaration of Interests
None.

455/4 Matters carried forward
4.1 Speed monitoring equipment/Village Gateways – Cllr Moore confirmed that Highways have advised that the SCARF process is completed which is why they are supporting the VAS and Gateways. Representatives from Highways will be visiting on 16 March to advise on siting of VAS and Gateways at either end of the village. Cllr Moore asked if Councillors, who are unable to attend the visit, were happy for those present to make the final decision about siting. Councillors were all in agreement with this. ACTION: CLLR MOORE
South Tawton PC may need to be approached if signs are going to be sited on their land at the eastern end of the village. Clerk also reminded that pre-planning application will need to be made to DNP once location and design of gateways is known.
TAP funding is being applied for. This was to be considered at Eastern Links meeting on 1 March which was, unfortunately, postponed because of the snow. Awaiting new date.
4.2 Handrail on footbridge – Ownership/responsibility for the bridge is still being discussed between DCC and DNP. Whilst this is ongoing, DNP have indicated that they will pay for handrails at the steps. Ian Brooker will be visiting the site on Friday 9 March. Cllr Cruse, Cllr Loader and Yvonne Reason to attend with Cllr Moore. ACTION: CLLRS MOORE AND LOADER

455/5 Planning
5.1 0094/18 – Cleave House – Various repairs, reinstate iron railings and create internal opening. All Councillors in support of the application for the same reasons as given for the listed building consent. ACTION: CLERK

455/6 Finance
6.1 Clerk had circulated Accounts and Budget figures prior to meeting. Up to date figures for bank accounts – current account – £4971, reserve account – £2,879.

6.2 The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary (March) £162.79

After the agenda had been posted, an invoice was received in respect of the village website. Clerk had explained to website manager that payment would be approved at April’s meeting but he is keen to receive payment before that. Clerk suggested that, as £65 is payable from Transparency Code funding, approval could be given for that. However, as the remaining £85 is from the precept, the usual procedure of noting it on the agenda should be followed. Proposed by Cllr Bell, seconded by Cllr Cruse. All in agreement.

455/7 Matters Arising
7.1 Agenda for APM – Wednesday 9 May. All agreed APM at 6pm and the AGM to follow straight after. Format of agenda as last year. Between now and 9 May, invite parishioners’ comments on any matters they wish to be discussed. ACTION: CLERK
7.2 Village Work Day – Cllr Cruse advised this took place in 2 parts. The first was prior to the Sunday, 3 tonnes of scalpings had been delivered to Finch Foundry car park. This had been donated to the Parish Council by Aardvark Engineering and Cllr Cruse wished to express thanks to Cllr Bell and Jason White for this donation. Cllr Cruse, aided by several other residents, then barrowed the scalpings onto the flooded path in Billy Green.
On the Sunday approximately 19 residents came to help with tasks – 15 on Sticklepath Moor clearing and burning gorse and 4 on Billy Green, clearing ivy and making good around the footbridge. Cllr Cruse wished to express the Parish Council’s thanks to Ian Brooker for leading the tasks on the Moor and to Pam and Steve Matthews for providing refreshments.
7.3 Eastern Links – no report as meeting postponed.
7.4 General Data Protection Regulations – Data Protection Act is being replaced by the Regulations. Cllr Moore proposed Clerk’s attendance. Seconded by Cllr Loader. All in agreement.

455/8 Chair’s Actions
Complaint by resident regarding 40ft container sited on Bowdens’ yard which appears to be being used for storage. Clerk had contacted DNP who advise that, if it is being used on a temporary basis, then no planning permission is needed. However, they still need to be notified by the land owner of their plans. DNP had received no contact from the land owner and will be visiting the site within the next couple of weeks.
Snow – Paul Grey had filed a report setting out the emergency team’s response to the snow incident. Cllr Cruse wished to thank Paul Grey and Mike Watson for helping to clear the junction at Skaigh Lane. Also, thanks to those other residents who kept areas clear around strategic sites. Cllr Cruse asked Clerk to establish who is responsible for re-filling the grit bins. Also, we supported South Tawton PC a few years ago in their TAP fund application to purchase a salt spreader. Clerk to establish the arrangements for use of this. ACTION: CLERK
It was also noted that several contacts on the emergency plan were not contactable for various reasons. Cllr Bell confirmed that Paul Grey is in the process of updating the plan. Also, a request should be made in The Beacon and on the website for additional emergency team members to come forward.
Cllr Cruse asked whether earlier action should have been taken. Cllrs all agreed that, as the snowfall was very heavy, there was little point in clearing it too early as any areas would be quickly covered in snow again. All agreed it was worth publicising where grit is available and encouraging residents to be responsible for the area around their homes (the emergency team cannot deal with every area of the village). Clerk suggested a pre-amble in the emergency plan as to the action to be taken prior to an event – grit bins, hydrosnakes/sacks, responsibility for own area, details of emergency team. ACTION: CLLR BELL
Cllr Cruse proposed the purchase of 2 snow shovels to be stored with the grit. Seconded by Cllr Moore.

VETS scheme for defibrillator – list of volunteer telephone numbers who will be phoned if someone is in need of the defibrillator. That person will take the defibrillator to the casualty. Cost of £100 pa to run has already been agreed by the Council. Cllr Cruse now has enough volunteers and will arrange to set this up.
Welcome Letter – delivered to new resident at Ska View Cottages.

455/9 Dates to Note/Correspondence received
Footpath Meeting – 15 March – Cllr Moore to attend
Highways visit – Friday 16 March – Cllr Cruse, Cllr Moore, Cllr Loader and Yvonne Reason to attend
Planning workshop – 27 March. Dealing with Parish/neighbourhood plans.

Letter from Quaker Burying Ground with thanks for recent donation.

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 4 April 2018 – 7.30pm

Meeting finished at 8.30pm


Comments are closed.