Sticklepath Village

Weather Report

 | °C
°C

Meeting Minutes – 2017-07-12

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 12 July 2017 at 7.30 pm in Sticklepath Village Hall.

Present:
Cllr Cruse, Cllr Moore, Cllr Bell, Cllr Loader, Cllr Matthews (arrived late) and Cllr Tansley.

In attendance:
Lois Rowlands (Clerk).
Members of the public: Mr Chris Darken (public), Mr Derek Webber (DNPA)

447/1 Election of Chairperson
Cllr Moore nominated Cllr Cruse. Seconded by Cllr Bell. All in agreement.

447/2 Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Cllr Cruse signed the Declaration.

447/3 Election on Vice-Chairperson
Cllr Cruse nominated Cllr Moore. Seconded by Cllr Tansley. All in agreement.

447/4 Apologies
Initially from Cllr Matthews who then arrived as the meeting started.

447/5 Approval of the minutes held on 14 June 2017.
The minutes were approved as an accurate record and were signed by Cllr Cruse.

447/6 Declaration of Interests
None.

447/7 Matters carried forward
7.1 Defibrillator update – Cllr Cruse read out her report which had been circulated with the agenda. She is happy to provide training in the use of the defibrillator to anyone who missed the training session last month.
Cllr Loader is willing to be additional person to deal with governance checking of the equipment.
VETS system. The first year is free apart from £45 to set up. Cost is then £100 a year. Cllr Cruse is willing to continue to fundraise. All in agreement to proceed VETS system. ACTION: Cllr Cruse
7.2 Monitoring of speeding vehicles – Clerk read out her report which had been circulated with the agenda.
All in agreement to ask Highways to include us on the SCARF process. Initial speed monitoring to be carried out at Eastern end of village – between Sticklepath Garage and Bridge House, and at the Western end around Skaigh Lane junction. ACTION: Clerk
Cllr Moore had raised the possibility of joint purchase of VAS equipment with other parishes when he attended the last Eastern Links meeting. There was no other interest. However, Dartmoor Speedwatch Forum have purchased speed monitoring equipment which they loan to communities. Cllr Moore will contact them. ACTION: Cllr Moore
7.3 Village footpaths – Mr Darken confirmed that Highways contractors had been out and pruned back the bushes along the path from Trafalgar Lodge and Ford Cross. They also inspected the footpath damaged by tree roots from the derelict house. They will arrange for the path to be repaired but were unable to give a timescale.

7.4 Village Gateway sign – There had been no further progress on this matter. It will be put on hold until Councillor vacancies are filled.
7.5 Village Newsletter – Clerk had drafted newsletter. Any final articles to be with her by 14 July. Cllr Bell offered to deal with final copy and send to InkPrint for printing. Agreed to print 300 copies.

447/8 Planning
No applications or notifications had been received.

447/9 Finance
9.1 Clerk had circulated Accounts and Budget figures prior to meeting.
9.2 The following payments were approved:
Mrs L Rowlands Salary 1 month (June) £146.90
Mrs L Rowlands Postage (audit) £ 2.08
Eddie Kingdom Grass cutting £396.00
9.3 Vire of money from Pavilion account to parish account – agreed.
9.4 Highways Community Enhancement Grant – £330 – following receipt of this grant, grass cutting budget in credit by £330. Cllr Moore proposed £45 be vired to Defibrillator account to cover VETS scheme set up Seconded by Cllr Cruse. Remainder to stay in grass cutting budget – we may need to use it for additional cutting later in the year if weather conditions result in additional grass growth.
Cllr Tansley to ask Eddie Kingdom to weed spray the agreed areas around the village.
Cllr Tansley will also undertake a tree survey around the village due to the existence of Ash Die-Back disease in the area. ACTION: Cllr Tansley

447/10 Matters Arising
10.1 Dartmoor National Park, Local Plan Consultation – Councillors had looked at proposed Settlement Profile for Sticklepath and had spotted some inaccuracies. Also, query the statement that the village is in need of 14 affordable houses – how was that figure arrived at? Response to consultation to be sent to DNP by 15 September. ACTION: Clerk.
Also, encourage parishioners to respond to the consultation. Here is the link to Dartmoor National Park’s website: http://www.dartmoor.gov.uk/living-and-working/business/planning-policy/local-plan-review

10.2 Walks leaflet – Cllr Moore advised final draft is awaited so the PC can approve it. He wished to express apologies to those local businesses who have paid for advertising but the leaflet has not yet been published.
Cllr Cruse confirmed we have £725 to cover printing costs – this is £600 TAP funding and £125 adverts.
Mr Darken asked about other businesses who could advertise in the leaflet. Cllr Cruse explained that there were only a few spaces as it was not an advertising leaflet. However, the PC would bear in mind to extend invitations to other businesses for advertising, where appropriate, in the future.

447/11 Chair’s Actions
During his last month as Chair, Cllr Moore had attended the Eastern Links meeting. He feels it is relevant to us and is happy to continue attending on behalf of the Parish Council.

447/12 Dates to Note
DNPA Forum Meeting – 12 July – noted.
Village Day – 5 August – noted. Cllr Bell confirm arrangements well in hand.

447/13 – Correspondence received
Dartmoor Communities Fund leaflets – noted. Clerk to leave copies in shop and put on noticeboard.

DNP – consultation of car parking charges at 5 car parks around Dartmoor. Nearest to us is Meldon Reservoir car park. Clerk to send to Beacon and post on website. ACTION: Clerk

Tamar Housing – have affordable housing available in North Tawton. Cllr Bell to put on website and Clerk to forward to The Beacon. ACTION: Clerk and Cllr Bell

447/14 Any other business

Cllr Matthews tendered her resignation as Councillor. Cllr Cruse wished to express the Parish Council’s thanks for all her hard work as a Councillor and, initially, as a Clerk over many years.

Cllr Cruse confirmed that Lynn Daniels is hoping to join the parish council and will be attending the meeting in September.

Mr Darken asked about the issue of “No Footpath” signage at the Eastern end of the village. All agreed that, although we are asking Highways to put us on the SCARF process, we should also ascertain the cost of purchasing signage.

 

Date of next meeting: Wednesday 6 September 2017 – 7.30pm

Meeting finished at 8.45pm


Comments are closed.